Do you miss salt or need to cut back? The good news is, you do not have to. Not getting enough salt in your body can actually cause adverse side effects. It can cause a drop in potassium and can lead to a heart attack or other reasons for hospitalization. We need some salt in our body, especially when we are exercising or doing a rigorous sport that causes us to sweat a lot. A good rule of thumb is to replace electrolytes, including salt, when doing exercise for more than one hour. Sports drinks are somewhat of a solution, but are often loaded with sugar and the bad type of salt. I suggest you purchase Himalayan salt if you are an active person. Traditional salt is extremely toxic. Himalayan salt is one that is superior to all other salts and is beneficial for your health. Found in the sacred Himalayan mountains, this crystalized salt is millions of years old. It is a pure form of salt, untouched by pollutants and toxins that pervade other forms of sea and table salts.
It is known as “white gold,” in the Himalayans and this salt has over 84 natural minerals and elements found in the human body. This crystal form of salt has also been maturing over the past 250 million years under intense tectonic pressure, creating an environment of zero exposure to toxins and impurities.
This salt has a unique cellular structure allowing it to actually store vibrational energy. This is why this salt makes amazing lamps. When the heat lights up the lamp, it sends this vibration out into the environment. Its minerals exist in a colloidal form, meaning that they are tiny enough for our cells to easily absorb them. I have found these lamps available online or in stores like 10,000 Villages (online or find a store near you).
Himalayan Crystal Salt: The Health Benefits
The health benefits of using natural Himalayan Crystal Salt may include:
- Controlling the water levels within the body, regulating them for proper functioning
- Promoting stable pH balance in the cells, including the brain.
- Encouraging excellent blood sugar health
- Aiding in reducing the common signs of aging
- Promoting cellular hydroelectric energy creation
- Promoting the increased absorption capacities of food elements within the intestinal tract
- Aiding vascular health
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Lowering incidence of sinus problems, and promoting over-all sinus health
- Reducing muscle cramps
- Increasing bone strength
- Naturally promoting healthy sleep patterns
- Creating a healthy libido
- In combination with water, it is necessary for blood pressure regulation
- Prevents cellulite, when compared to table salt
- Reduces chances of developing rheumatism, arthritis and gout, when compared to common chemically-treated salt
- Reduces chances of developing kidney and gall bladder stones when compared to common chemically-treated salt
Standard Table Salt will destroy your health: Never use it
Many people are unaware that common table salt is actually full of many forms of chemicals and even sugar! Salt, while necessary for life as we know it, can be dangerous if taken in this chemical form.
Commonly sold table salt is composed of 97.5% sodium chloride and 2.5% chemicals like iodine and absorbents, and sugar. Common salt is also dried at more than 1,200° Fahrenheit, a process which zaps many of the natural chemical structures of naturally-occuring salt.
The table and cooking salt found in most homes, restaurants, and all processed foods, is empty of any nutritional value. It is lacking in the precious trace minerals that make salt good for us. When we ingest this type of salt, our body cannot dispose of it in a natural, healthy way. This can lead to inflammation of the tissues, water retention and high blood pressure over time.
Furthermore, processed salt crystals are also energetically dead, as their crystals are completely isolated from one another. In order for our body to metabolize table salt, it must waste tremendous amounts of energy to try to keep the body at its optimum fluid balance. This creates an unnecessary burdening of the elimination systems in the body. Water is also removed from other cells in the system in an attempt to neutralize it.
Studies show that for each gram of table salt that your system cannot process, your body will use over twenty times the amount of cellular water to neutralize the sodium chloride in chemically-treated salt.
This can lead to water retention, cellulite, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, as well as kidney and gallbladder stones. With the knowledge that the everyday American eats about 5,000 mg of sodium chloride a day, it is clear that the issue is serious and needs to be adressed.
Choosing to use Himalayan Salt as an alternative can have a big impact on your total health and well-being. I use and recommend the Original Himalayan Crystal Salt from the Psymphony company.
Even before the modern drugs were formulated, salt was already used by many homes to combat certain symptoms. The Himalayan salt provides all natural, chemical-free remedies for different body conditions.Sole (so-lay), which is the mixture of crystal salt and water is the called the soup of life. The German word sole came from the Latin word sol, which means the sun. So the brine solution is the fluid state of the sun or light energy. In this combination, balance is being achieved since the positive ions of the water surround the negative ions of the water and the negative ions surround the positive ions of the water. This causes the molecules to be hydrolyzed. This brine solution creates a 24-hour profound vibration to the body. The sole will bring back this energy pattern in our body that is decreasing when one is sick.
To create your own sole, loosely fill a glass with several Himalayan crystal salts. Then completely fill the glass with good spring water. Check if the crystals have been dissolved completely. If the crystals were dissolved, add some more crystal. You can be sure that the brine is already ready to be used when the water is no longer dissolving the crystals and they settle at the bottom of the glass. You can take one teaspoon full of the sole with 250 ml of water every morning with an empty stomach.
The brine solution provides a detoxifying effect on the body. For the skin, it helps minerals to be penetrated easily.
Here are some of the many uses of Himalayan salt sole:
1. Dental Hygiene. You can use the brine (undiluted) when brushing your teeth. You can also use it as a mouthwash. The solution prevents gum bleeding and bad breath.
2. Ear Infections. Using sole as eardrops will help in curing ear infections.
3. Acne. To lessen the acne, use a brine facial wash. To use Himalayan salt as face or body scrub, just mix the salt with a fragrance free, organic soap.
4. Foot Fungus. Soak your feet with the brine solution and see the difference.
5. Psoriasis. Take brine solution to the affected skin area and rub. Then allow the brine to dry.
6. Motion Sickness. To get the energetic balancing properties of the salt, make a pouch of salt and wear it around your neck.
7. Sore Throats. Gargle with warm sole solution. Don’t swallow the solution. This will ease your sore throat.
8. Balance Body PH factor. The sole helps in maintaining a balanced ph factor for the body. It can help in eliminating heavy metals in the body. Some of these metals are lead, arsenic, mercury and calcium. The salt has the ability to dissolve their molecular structures.
9. Menstrual complaints. If you are experiencing menstrual cramps, use a warm salt sachet for 30minutes. You can also get a cloth and dip it on the sole. Wring and put the cloth on your abdomen. Then cover it with towel and put a hot water bottle. Allow this for 30 minutes to get rid of the cramps.
10. Headaches. Use concentrated sole solution to massage the head and neck. For severe headaches, you can also apply a cold compress by combining1 teaspoon of sole to 1 tablespoons of cold water. Change as necessary.
11. Chronic Respiratory Illness. Asthma, sinusitis and bronchitis can be treated with brine inhalation therapy. Head a pot and add a minimum of 0.7 of salt with the boiling water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the brine steam. Do this for 10 to 15 minutes. The pollutants will be coughed out in about 30 minutes from inhaling the brine solution.
The solution also cures other skin irritations. It can also be used for other post-operative care, rheumatism, joint ailments and insect bites or wounds. It can also be used as sole bath. This will reactivate the body’s ability for self-healing and body’s electric current.
In the Washington DC area, look for Himalayan salt at the Apothecary Pharmacy on Cedar Lane in Bethesda or check with the Vitamin Store, GNC and/or Whole Foods. Replace all salt with this highly beneficial substitute. Lamps are found at 10,000 Villages. I bought mine in the Rockville Town Center location.