The Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea has been used as a medicine for thousands of years, originating in China but widely used throughout Asia this beverage has a multitude of uses from lowering blood pressure to preventing cancer. Green tea retains maximum amount of antioxidants and poly-phenols leading to these great benefits:
- Assistance with Weight Loss: Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
- Insulin Control: Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels. This can prevent high insulin spikes and resulting fat storage.
- Prevention of Clot Formation: Scientists think, green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots.
- Reduced Risk of Esophageal Cancer: It can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer, but it is also widely thought to kill cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them.
- Improves Cholesterol: Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- Better Cognitive Ability: It is said to delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Studies carried out on mice showed that green tea protected brain cells from dying and restored damaged brain cells.
- Prevention of Tooth Decay: Studies suggests that the chemical antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions
- Lower Blood Pressure. Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk.
- Lowers Stress Levels & Depression: Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect.
- Better Immune System: Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents which make them effective for treating everything from influenza to cancer. In some studies green tea has been shown to inhibit the spread of many diseases.
- Amazng Skin Tightening Beneifts & Quality: Green tea can apparently also help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Both animal and human studies have demonstrated that green tea applied topically can reduce sun damage. Look for skin firming creams with this ingredient in it!
Different Benefits of Yerba Mate
Yerba mate is popular in South America. It is know to have a relaxing effect and can help those who suffer from stress eating. This also helps elminate cravings because feel fuller longer and less likely to overeat. The antioxidants and benefits also help keep you colon clean, increase your energy levels and like green tea help with your cognitive abilities.
It has also been known to delay the onset of lactic acid in your muscles—a condition that many exercisers know as “the burn.” A delaying of “the burn” allows you to work out for longer than usual, thereby also increasing your ability to burn more fat.
How Much & How to take it?
So how many cups are necessary in order to benefit? Some say as little as two cups a day while others five cups — and more still say you can drink up to ten cups a day. Rather than drink several cups a day to gain the benefits, you can take a supplement or two a day in a more concentrated form to optimize the effects.
Another thing to point out is that there is caffeine in green tea & yerbe mate— so if you are sensitive to caffeine then one cup should be your limit. Green tea also contains tannins (which can decrease the absorption of iron and folic acid), so if you are pregnant or trying to conceive then green tea may not be ideal for you. Many people supplement without understanding how some supplements can dilute or counteract with others. It is important to understand that although these teas may benefit some that the caffeine does not benefit all.
I find on my program green tea is an outstanding energy enhancer and rather than take powders loaded with chemicals for pre workouts that just one tablet can give a client the boost they need to endure tough workouts. In turn, aside from maximizing your cellular health with the antioxidants in it and combining that with energy gains, you have a powerful natural fat burner!
I order yerbe mate-green tea combined in tablet form from www.bodybuilding.com or you can search for other products online like the one here at www.appliednutrition.com :
The best way to find out if you are sensitive to green tea or yerbe mate is to order it first in loose tea form form. You can also go to stores like TEAVANA where they have loose tea and you can combe Mate with Roobios for a milder effect. If you buy those separately you can put them together or use the Roobios even at night since it has no caffeine. If you have any questions about my programs or would like supplement advice. Please set up your consult by visiting my shopping cart. Go to Products/Consultations to learn more!